Pro-Line 1978 Chevrolet Malibu Clear Body - PRO354900
This is a 1978 Chevrolet Malibu Drag Car Clear Body. Pro-Line is proud to introduce the timeless 1978 Chevy Malibu body specifically designed for the growing No-Prep SC Drag Racing scene! Bowtie fans will love this ultra-scale body that captures all the signature details of Mark Micke's 4,700hp, twin-turbo, 200mph+ G-body Malibu.
Transform your Slash 2wd or AE DR10 into a scale 1/4-mile beast in retro-classic square-body style! We recommend using our Hoosier 2.2" Drag Racing Tires on the front, Hoosier Drag Slick SC 2.2"/3.0" Drag Racing Tires or Reaction HP SC 2.2"/3.0" Belted Tires in the rear, Pomona Drag Spec Wheels, and the Stinger Wheelie Bar to complete the ultimate hot-rod look.
To create the most scale look possible, the body is designed with a narrower track width than a traditional SC body. It is a direct fit on the AE DR10, but your 2wd Slash will require some modifications to fit correctly.
Here is the list of modifications needed to fit the Malibu on your Slash 2wd.
Check out this video for a step-by-step build:
- Pro-Line Extended Body Mounts for Slash 2wd
- Traxxas Bandit Front Arms — #2531X
- Traxxas Bandit Rear Arms — #2750R
- Traxxas Bandit Front Caster Blocks — #2432
- Traxxas Bandit Steering Blocks — #3636
- Traxxas Bandit Axles — #2437
- Traxxas King Pins — #3740
- Traxxas Front Camber Turnbuckles — #2444
- Traxxas Rear Turnbuckles — #2443
- Traxxas Toe Link Turnbuckles — #2445
- Shorten Rear Drive Shafts
- Remove Front Bumper
Pro-Line's team of innovators are also offering some exclusive 3D BONUS Parts, available for download, free of charge! Click the links below to grab 3D files to print-at-home on your 3D printer or send to an online print shop such as Shapeways:
- Bullhorn Exhaust Pipe.STL
- Ream a 14.5mm diameter hole in your body and insert it from the inside. Attach using Shoo-goo on the flange.
- Rear Body Post Reposition Bracket.STL
- Use these brackets between your Slash 2wd rear shock tower and PL Extended Body Mounts to move the rear posts 50mm rearwards. This will locate the Secure-Loc Caps on the flat trunk surface rather than in the rear windshield. This is not required but provides a better and cleaner looking fit.
- Fully Licensed 1978 Chevy Malibu
- Perfect for No-Prep Drag Racing
- Incredible Scale Replica of Mark Micke’s 1:1 Malibu Drag car
- Optional add-on Rear Spoiler with Hardware Included
- Made from Durable Polycarbonate
- Paint-then-peel Overspray Film Included
- Four steps to Drag Race Ready:
1.) Clean Body and apply included window mask
2.) Paint then peel the over-spray film off
3.) Sticker your body (decal sheet included)
4.) Mount your new body onto your SC
- Made in the USA, since 1982 — Read about Pro-Line Racing's History